Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Bond, James Bond

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Bond, James Bond

    Anybody going to see the new (old) Bond?

    Reviews have been extremely good so far, Daniel Craig is being ranked with Sean Connery as far as having the character be the Bond of the books.

    I actually would have liked to have seen Brosnan in a bond film with the script like this one is supposed to have. They tried to turn the last couple of Bond movies into something like a Bruce Willis or Schwartenager movie, while this one is closer in feel to a 'Bourne movie'.

    Hopefully one or two see it and tell if it holds up to reviews (currently yahoo has 11 critics reviews, it has a B+ average with nothing below a B), it has users rating it a B+ average as well.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bond, James Bond

    Im excited, def gonna go see it this coming week when I have some time. Im at a stance with bond where I dont have any expectations because the last few films have been a letdown.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bond, James Bond

    Was wanting to see it this weekend since I'd been anticipating it but I don't think I'll get to.

    I'm kind of skeptical of Craig being Bond because of the "Blond-headed Bond" concept and the fact that he doesn't really look like what I'd think of in terms of James Bond, HOWEVER I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and I am fairly confident he'll do the job well.

    For anyone that sees it, please come back and post impressions and whether or not you think it's a true "Bond" movie!

    (And also tell us if it has the same intro, etc. similar to the smiley face below!)
    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/007.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bond, James Bond

    Most overrated film franchise in the history of the world.

    Craig is a pansy.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bond, James Bond

    Craig was shagging Sienna Miller.
    Can't be that much of a pansy :P

    I'm not a huge Bond fan, but I do have good hope for this one. It looks a lot more gritty.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bond, James Bond

    [ QUOTE ]
    Craig was shagging Sienna Miller.
    Can't be that much of a pansy :P

    I'm not a huge Bond fan, but I do have good hope for this one. It looks a lot more gritty.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    And David Spade is/was boning Heather Locklear...that means nothing.

    Craig's comments about guns in the movie convinced me that he was a poor choice for the role.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bond, James Bond

    [ QUOTE ]
    Most overrated film franchise in the history of the world.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Ah I can't agree with that one.. People like different things, and I'm not an absolute HARDCORE James Bond fan, but I've always enjoyed the movies, even if they can be quite cheesy at times.

    I prefer the older ones over the newer ones w/ Brosnan as Bond though.. Goldfinger was excellent, for example. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bond, James Bond

    They have all been the cheesiest, lamest so-called 'action' films.

    If you want real spy-type action, Austin Powers is where it's at.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bond, James Bond

    And Ron Jermey shagged lots of women and is one of the worst looking guys around but he has guys who worship him LOL
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bond, James Bond

    [ QUOTE ]
    And Ron Jermey shagged lots of women and is one of the worst looking guys around but he has guys who worship him LOL

    [/ QUOTE ]

    True dat. Ron Jeremy never met a piece of tail he wouldn't do. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •